On Thu Feb 13 09:37 AM, Andrew Grieve wrote:
> Jonathan - I'm a fan of your "rough work" :)

Thanks, lots of credit to Braden & Mark around the plugman 'project' idea

Note about xml vs. json config, Cordova could support both. Upstream
distributions could choose to focus on config as XML, json or both.
IBM most likely would prefer XML for the XSD & tooling, Adobe could do XML for
enterprise... json for web devs, ...?

Don't think there's a silver bullet there.

> Reason I'd want to use <cdv:icon> instead of <icon> for now, is to minimize
> the
> number of "cdv:"s that appear. If you namespace the element, you don't need to
> namespace the attributes. It also makes <cdv:icon> and <cdv:splashscreen>
> more similar.

Makes sense, the work on cdv:icon could be pushed into the 4.0 config (with no
namespace).