Inline ...

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 2:49 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. This is an iOS only thing. Non-custom means System frameworks that ship
> with the iOS SDK (CoreGraphics.framework, Accounts.frameworks, ...). Custom
> frameworks are the ones you usually download, drag and drop to your xcode
> project. There are some differences in how the project is structured for
> System vs Custom frameworks.

Well, the framework tag now applies to Windows Phone and Windows 8, so this
needs to be addressed.
I understand the difference between custom and not-custom, but I require
both types to be install-able by plugman.
ie. custom means copy lib file to project + add linker reference
    not-custom means just add linker reference

> 2. It is silly I know but I didn't want to introduce a new tag. Especially
> since there was already one that was
> explicit enough (the <framework> tag).

Not silly, I too want to use the framework tag ...

> 3. if unspecified or set to false, it will be considered as a system
> framework. Otherwise (if custom="true") it is considered a custom framework
> and the xcode project will be structured accordingly. We could make the
> custom attribute mandatory but I thought it would more of a pain. Besides,
> it would break existing plugins that use System Frameworks.

Looking at the code any framework tag that does not have @custom='true'
will be completely ignored.  Is this a defect?