On Sat Mar 1 01:39 PM, Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon) wrote:

> <scripts preinstall="preinstall.js" postinstall="afterinstall.js" />
>
> preinstall.js is called before plugman.raw.install(platform, platformRoot,
> path.basename(dir), pluginsDir, options) and could be used to check system
> requirements, download/compile required libraries, etc
>
> afterinstall.js is called after and could be used  to add/configure
> additional project
> references,  etc uninstall.js - for discussion, could be used for clean up,
> etc
>
> As for required parameters I think we should pass at least application folder
> and
> target platform.
>
> Thoughts? Propose to discuss this on the monthly sync, Mar 4, 2014 (7pm EST)

Two issues I can think of:
- uninstall() needs to know which files where installed by either the
preinstall or afterinstall script.
- I'd like users to be able to pass options/arguments to the script (overriding
default build options)

e.g.
cordova plugin add some.db --utf8 false

For unix people, it's like a ./configure --utf8 false --with-stuff && make
install

But can't do this right now with cordova since we'd need to store the plugin
install arguments "--utf8 false" to update a plugin.