First - very excited that you're working on this!

Had a quick look. Not sure there's much to be gleaned yet. Once you start
in on hooking up x-walk's webview I think it will become more obvious what
the interface should look like. E.g., does x-walk even have the concept of
ChromeClient vs WebViewClient vs WebView? Also unsure whether the class
should extend android.View as well as implement our interface. E.g.
alternative is to have a "getView()" method on the interface. Might help to
cut down on file sizes, and API surface, but again, I'm not too sure.

I've been pretty hesitant to touch existing exposed members (e.g. the
public fields you were referring to) since touching anything public could
break plugins. That said, maybe now is a good time to @deprecate a bunch of
them and either replace them with getters, or just declare them to be not
exposed to plugins.