I can confirm this problem occurs too frequently on the Google Groups.
Users install plugins and they get linker errors, or compile errors,
because some files/frameworks do not exist in the Xcode project after
installing a plugin. Often the fix is to uninstall and re-install, thus the
problem seems to be in the CLI and not the plugin structure itself.

I would opt for 100% reliability versus speed in this case, since
installing plugins is a one-time thing usually for a project.