no, no…we fully plan on donating all that source back into apache (and it
is open already [1][2])

these things serve different purposes and have different limitations.
ripple works offline and only requires a web browser which is very useful.

I only wish we had more capability to support the project. whether it is a
TLP or a part of Cordova doesn't really matter

[1] https://github.com/phonegap/phonegap-app-developer
[2] https://github.com/phonegap/connect-phonegap