I’m developing B2B-Apps (iOS and Android), using cordova.

First of all, thank you for your great job. From release to release things are
going easier and tidier.

It is relatively easy for a beginner to start with cordova, but in a bigger
project there are a lot of small jobs and decisions, which have to be made: The
developer has to write clean html, js and css. Has to take care of: structure
of the project, strategy to fall back and restart the project, testing, ui and
ux, perhaps knowledge about a js-framework, sqlite, the plugin-things, …

It needs a lot of time to get into all this stuff, learning the tricks and
finding a good way for developing.

I know, it ist not your job to teach people how to do all this stuff, but it
would be very helpfully, if there were a page in the documentation «The steps
after the hello world example». Not a tutorial, just a few sentences and some
links to going deeper into hybrid development.

You are the developers of cordova, but there is a need for a bridge to the
«customers» using cordova. (I’m still thinking about starting a blog, writing
down my experiences.)

Some suggestions:

– It would be helpful, if cordova could write a «create script», a special kind
of log-file, in the project folder. In this create-script all steps for
recreating the project are listed.

– From the beginner side, it would be much easier to symlink the www-files in
the root to the platform www-files.

– There is a need to write in the documentation on which version of each
platform cordova and the plugins are tested and running.

In my opinion, the most important software thing is, to solve the plugin
situation, which are not in the core. I know, it ist not your job, but there is
a need for other plugins and it is horrible to test them.

Cordova is great, but it is not simple as it seems to be. I see a need to go
more into the customer-view.

Jörg Holz | +49-175-640 35 80
h...@hamburg.de

NEU: doreport - die Reportingsoftware: