Sorry for being late to the party.

When I was a consumer of Phonegap back in the days, my most precious doc
was the upgrade guides [1]. We didn't have the bandwidth or test process to
update our app with every release of phonegap. But when it was time to
upgrade (i.e. 1.4 to 1.9) The upgrade guide was my only resource to go over
every change release by release, and I was happy after a week getting my
app updated.

I think having the same for the Plugins will be of benefit to the consumers.

In order of priorities:
*1. Having a upgrade guide per plugin including api changes*
2. If we can, try to adopt semver and change the version according to the
level of change

As we document the breaking changes, we will feel the pain of consumers,
and as we write a lot of doc for upgrading we will want not to doc and
leave the api stable.

[1]:
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/guide_platforms_android_upgrading.md.html#Upgrading%20Android
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.4.0/guide_platforms_ios_upgrading.md.html#Upgrading%20iOS