On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Erik Jan de Wit <ede...@redhat.com> wrote:

>> What is the benefit of using this logic?  I personally don't see any
>> benefit, since this makes our code more complex.
>
> It would benefit the users as they don’t have to implement this boilerplate
> code of dispatching based on the string. And this logic will be then on the
> android side where it’s implemented once instead of each time one is building
> a plugin.

Except that now every method exposed has to have a particular
signature.  I personally would rather see us use a Map as what Andrew
suggested, and I really don't want this to happen.  This is going to
cause a lot more problems than it's going to solve since plugins that
already throw exceptions may end up having it caught by the try/catch
which will surround this whole thing.  This is a BIG change in the
API, and I don't think your reason justifies breaking every plugin
that currently exists.