On Friday, June 6, 2014, Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org> wrote:

> There's definitely some upside, but some downsides as well:
> - would add some overhead for us to have to remember to version & publish
> it after every change

Sure, but that's like any tool. Or we could just periodically bundle all of
the changes made in the last while and have occasional releases. I suspect
that the rate of changes going into coho has been dropping as it has
matured, anyway.

> - you then need to npm update coho separately from updating all your other
> repos (via coho repo-update)

That seems reasonable. coho repo-update -r coho has always seemed to me to
be extremely sketchy.

> - coho currently puts all repos as siblings to itself, if it's installed
> globally, you'd need to pass --chdir path/to/my/git/repos every time you
> call it. We could fix this with an ENV_VAR, but it's kinda nice that it
> "just works" so long as you have it checked out & npm link'ed

I've never cond across this -- when does coho do this? Usually I just go
into my big cordova dir and run "cordova-coho/coho some command" and it
works.