On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM, Carlos Santana <csantan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Joe what is the project structure that you don't like and think we should
> not adopt?

http://tools.android.com/tech-docs/new-build-system/user-guide#TOC-Project-Structure

The default Gradle Java/Android project structure is to have a `src`
directory, with each of the projects beneath that (`main` for the main app,
`androidTest` for any unit tests, and then also things like `CordovaLib`
and `xwalk_core_library`). Then, each of the projects has a `java` and
`resources` directory, among other things.

Old: src/com/example/app.java
New: src/main/java/com/example/app.java

Old: CordovaLib/src/org/apache/cordova/CordovaActivity.java
New: src/CordovaLib/java/org/apache/cordova/CordovaActivity.java

Old: AndroidManifest.xml
New: src/main/AndroidManifest.xml

etc.

It's not a matter of not liking it, so much as it's incompatible with our
existing (ant) build scripts, and eclipse projects.

It's not an insurmountable problem, as the Gradle `sourceSets` directive
lets us change all of these locations, and that's what I've done in the
build.gradle file I added to cordova-android. All of the paths are
overridden to point back to the existing ant-compatible locations.

Ian