Now that the dust has settled on the android library change, I'd like to
try this again. Created bug:

I hope to put together RCs tomorrow morning. Likely not too many people
checking email any more since it's the weekend, but feeling like we're
overdue on this, so hopefully Monday we can all test & vote. If it doesn't
pan out, oh well, but otherwise we'll have a release! :)