I am working through numerous failing tests in the file plugin, but the
documentation is non-existent.

Is there some reference to this somewhere? Pointing to ever-changing
defunct specs that aren't even followed makes this impossible to resolve
without going and reading the code from other platforms. ( likely all of
them, since it seems to be quirk-ville )

Currently the docs say:
This plugin provides the HTML5 FileSystem API
( http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/file-system/pub/FileSystem/ )
which provides little if any info.

Mozilla has done a better job of documenting some of this stuff, but not
the cordova specific additions.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/File_System_API

My first implementation question:
What is a nativeURL? It is a non-standard property that was added to Entry
and therefore FileEntry and DirectoryEntry, but documentation makes no
mention of it.

It would be great if we could document FIRST when we add breaking changes
that affect other 'less important' platforms.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com