yep that was my feeling write a node module with a simple API (i.e. run)
what ever and then listen on events coming from cordova.

I like the node_modules searching, but I think this is something that npm
does better
But there still the problem who is going to put the files down for
"node_modules"

There might be a simpler way to register the hook with cordova, like have
declare it as a devDependency in cordovaUserProject/package.json or
cordovaUserProject/cordova.json
devDependencies :{
  cdv-hook-worklight:0.1.x
}

then let "cordova install" -> npm install take care of putting down, and
cordova lib just looks in devDependencies for things that start with
cdv-hook-*

I created two threads on purpose 1. today, 2. future :-)

--
Carlos Santana
<csantan...@gmail.com>