I've created CB-7291 for the whitelist issue, and I've ported the code from
June to the new-style configuration architecture and committed it to a
named CB-7291 branch on cordova-android.

If anyone has any thoughts/opinions on the syntax or the proposal itself,
or on what the defaults should be for new and upgrading applications,
please chime in on the issue.