Marcel forgot to mentioned that I updated to latest npm via "npm update -g
npm" newer than the one in v0.10.31, when I was playing with npm shrinkwrap.

/Users/csantana23

$ node -v

v0.10.31

/Users/csantana23

$ npm -v

1.4.27

which should not confuse you with 1.4.28 which is not latest but is tag
v1.4-next in npmjs.org

I know npm will grow on you with time :-)

--
Carlos Santana
<csantan...@gmail.com>