On Tue Nov 04 2014 at 10:46:52 AM Frederico Galvão <
frederico.gal...@pontoget.com.br> wrote:

> So we actually have 4 new plugins:
> org.apache.cordova.whitelist
> org.apache.cordova.legacy-whitelist
> org.apache.cordova.navigation-whitelist
> org.apache.cordova.intent-whitelist

I think that org.apache.cordova.legacy-whitelist is a better name for what
I have published at https://github.com/clelland/cordova-plugin-whitelist as
org.apache.cordova.whitelist.

So where I had a single plugin implementing the old behaviour, Andrew has
suggested releasing three plugins: legacy-whitelist, which is what I
implemented; and two new ones: navigation-whitelist, which implements
navigation control, and intent-whitelist, which would control launching
external apps.

(And there's also the very sound advice of "just skip the whitelist plugins
and use CORS if you can get away with it")

> Right?
>
> If that's the case, then this is not entirely true:
>
> If what
> > you want is no change at all in behaviour, then your upgrade should be
> > just:
> >
> > cordova plugin add org.apache.cordova.whitelist
> >
> > There would be no configuration changes to make: the plugin reads the old
> > access tags, just as before, and applies the same policies based on them
> > that it did in 3.6.

The messaging is still simple, if all you want is backwards compatibility,
but if you want something better, then the instructions are more
complicated, and depend on your actual needs.