From: Michal Mocny [mailto:mmo...@google.com]
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 2:14 PM
To: dev
Subject: FYI: Created a plugin to help with local plugin development

Took the opportunity to use our new plugin hooks and created a plugin to
automate a tedious task I've been doing a lot of recently: plugin
re-installation.

https://github.com/mmocny/cordova-plugin-plugin-auto-upgrade

As per the README:
================

This plugin with automatically upgrade (re-install) a set of plugins (specified
by you) before every cordova prepare. This is useful if you are doing plugin
development and would like to automatically synchronize your app with any
changes made to your plugin.

Install the plugin: cordova plugin add
org.apache.cordova.labs.pluginAutoUpgrade

At root of your app, create a pluginAutoUpgrade.json file, which looks like:

{
  "PLUGIN_ID": "PLUGIN_INSTALL_PATH",
  "PLUGIN_ID2": "PLUGIN_INSTALL_PATH"
}

This is useful if you are making changes to a plugin inside the plugin's
directory structure.

For more meaty plugin work, you are possibly better off making native changes
inside platforms/ and js changes inside plugins/, and being very careful to not
clobber your work (or use the build/run scripts directly to skip prepare
entirely).  I'm considering improving that workflow as well.

For now, I've found this plugin useful for minor plugin work.  Sharing in case
you do, too.

-Michal