Andrea,

Some folks in the developer division may be able to help out here.  I'll
connect you with our Cordova contributors.

-Chuck

From: Andrea Tino [mailto:andrea.t...@microsoft.com]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:10 AM
To: dev@cordova.apache.org
Cc: Vincent Nicolas; Michael Helligsø Svinth
Subject: Cordova issue 8080 - After migrating to 3.6.3 from 3.4.0, Appium
(Android) tests fail because of open dialog

Hello

My name is Andrea Tino. I am a Microsoft Developer in the Microsoft Dynamics
NAV Team.
Recently we started using Cordova for building our apps.

All our tests fail
We moved to Cordova 3.6.3 from 3.4.0 and from there all our tests (more than
200) started failing. After investigating on possible causes, we could identify
the problem as part of a Cordova checkin:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/commit/aab47bd4532bfe8707d745638eb5695ac543c681.
 Looks like prompt() is causing the problem. However the checkin I reported
lacks changes to cordova.js that were supposed to be included there but that
have been checked-in later in
https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/commit/ec47274fbd91d2f0b658da64f5d4d4dd6600f625.
 So to repro the problem you need both checkins.

The issue in JIRA documents details very good in comments:

Need for a fix
We assessed that trying to fix this here would be costly for us. The feature
introduced spans across several areas of Cordova, thus high chances of breaking
something. Also the feature is a security related one which we cannot revert.
We need the Cordova Team to fix this problem which has been causing our test
infrastructure to be broken for more than a month so far. We could also assess
we are not the only one experiencing this issue whose repro is still not clear.

After an initial discussion with Andrew Grieve, we decided to try broadening
the audience in order to move Cordova Team's attention on this problem which we
consider quite serious. Could you please prioritize the issue in your
bug-fixing plan? How much time would it require for fixing this problem?

Thank you for your availability
-Andrea Tino

Andrea Tino
Software Development Engineer