Darryl,

I believe that cordova-cli will continue to use `cordova plugin add` and
not use `node_modules` at all for phase 1 rollout.  It will use the `npm`
library to fetch into the existing plugins/ folder.  There will be no user
visible change to project structure, though the plugins are being renamed
as part of the transition.

-Michal