I assumed that this must have been discussed at some point, but I couldn’t find
anything in the list archives or JIRA.
I’m guessing that there might be some practical issues with onStart/onStop and
plugin loading timing, but it seems like if there are issues like this they
could be addressed somehow.

I’m asking about this because we have an internal request to enable apps to
override onStart/onStop in the Intel XDK build system in order to support
plugins that want to handle onStart/onStop.
My initial response was “why not use onResume/onPause”, but some plugin authors
apparently believe that onStart/onStop are the lifecycle events they need.

For example, the Flurry plugin instructions direct users to override onStart
and onStop in their activity in order to handle onStop:
https://github.com/Initsogar/cordova-flurry
There are other analytics plugins that want to know about onStart/onStop
instead of onPause/onResume.
Obviously it is possible to modify your activity in order to do this in your
project, but if this capability is important, it should be possible without
abandoning the Cordova Way.

So I was wondering what you guys think?
onPause/onResume should be good enough for anyone?
onStart/onStop are edge cases that users need to handle by modifying their
activity?
onStart/onStop cannot be handled by plugins due to timing issues?

Thanks!
Tony