You used to be able to pass settings for the project's config.json file on the
command line to create:

cordova create test com.johnwargo.test Test {\"autosave\":\"true\"}

That worked pre-4.0 but didn't seem to work in my moments ago test of this with
the latest version. It would make the .cordova folder and populate the .json
file with any parameters that were passed on the command line. At SAP we use
this to help developers set the plugin search path so the CLI can find locally
installed dependent plugins.

Was this (admittedly ugly) feature removed?