I like the sound of both ideas.

Marks idea to make the default hello world app not install whitelist until
android 4.0 (use 3.8.0 for app hello world)

Ian, that looks like a good proposal. We are definitely overdo for
something to properly track versions. Users should get a warning when a
plugin doesn't get installed due to version issues.

-Steve