Github user brodybits commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-wp8/pull/79#issuecomment-101394601

    > If we can avoid the breaking change it would be better and in this case
we have a solution that works well to avoid it
(apache/cordova-plugin-file-transfer#72). I understand Newtonsoft JSON is a
better API and is more efficient.

    The only real trouble spot I have seen is in the PluginResult class, in
case a plugin returns an arbitrary data type (such as a byte array). To solve
this, we can modify the PluginResult to use an internal function that uses
`DataContractJsonSerializer` (along with a `StreamReader`) to convert the
plugin result to JSON. I am happy to issue a PR for this if you need it.

    Of course, to be absolutely safe, we could revert the changes to
`template/cordovalib/JSON/JsonHelper.cs` but keep the Newtonsoft JSON library
for those plugins that want to use it. IMHO, it should be safe for this project
to use the Newtonsoft JsonConvert functions in all cases except for
PluginResult.cs. And finally document it for the plugin authors.

    An extreme solution would be to rename (or remove) the functions in
JsonHelper.cs and change the order of the parameters in the PluginResult()
constructor, in order to *force* the plugin authors to review and update their
code.

    >  I would not expect cordova-wp8 to wither and die anytime soon.

    In addition, it is my understanding is that cordova-wp8 is (still) needed
to support Windows Phone in PhoneGap build.

---
with INFRA.
---