Speaking as a user who has an iPhone that’s always running near the storage
limit: I’d hate to see files be duplicate out of the bundle into another
location… my phone might cry.

I think we went over that when WKWebview was first released. Copying files was
discussed, but it adds an awful lot of complexity to startup, wastes space,
etc. Looks like the local web server might be the best option, still.

But I guess this gives the option of using web content that the app itself
downloads to /Documents or /Library, so that could be nice. Unfortunate that
they hamstrung it regarding bundles tho. Here’s hoping they’ll change it, but
given the track record in iOS 8, I’m not holding my breath.

On June 9, 2015 at 3:50:09 PM, Ross Gerbasi (rgerb...@gmail.com) wrote:

Would it be a horrible idea to copy files into one of those folders?