Github user thehuijb commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/pull/97#issuecomment-114052451

    ## How a cordova camera application works on android

    This is basically  how a cordova application works:

![image00](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/902441/8279233/f8407912-18d2-11e5-8761-7fd55deaa3c7.png)
    - User presses App-icon
    - Applications start
    - Mainactivity start
    - Java side of plugins included
    - WebView initialized
    - Html loads
    - javascript side of plugins loaded
    - onDeviceReady fired

    Now we have our application up and running.
    It’s time to take a picture

![image01](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/902441/8279256/2814f032-18d3-11e5-9abd-d349185ab3f5.png)

    - We call getPicture
    - The call goes to the CordovaBridge
    - CordovaBridge uses the PluginManager to pass it to the camera Plugin
    - Camera plugin launches a camera Activity

    Now that a camera Activity is running, our MainActivity is pushed to the
background, onPause is fired.

    When the Camera Activity finished the MainActivity is called again via
onActivityResult

![image02](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/902441/8279282/6a7ddf10-18d3-11e5-8b43-67675a2f61dc.png)

    the result is dispatched to the javascript succesFunction where our
application can then do with it as planned.
    That’s what happens in a high memory availability scenario, a happy flow.

    Now what happens when there isn’t enough memory left and the OS decides
to kill our MainActivity?

![image03](https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/902441/8279295/97699f1e-18d3-11e5-9776-a41f8d87dea3.png)

    - CameraActivity is finished and sends its result back to the activity that
launched it.
    - Our MainActivity, is started.
    - Java side of plugins included
    - onActivityResult fires
    - plugin fails to send result back to the javascript because it is not
there anymore
    - a completely new WebView is initialized
    - Html loads
    - javascript side of plugins loaded
    - onDeviceReady fired

    the precise order of event could differ on occasion but that doesn’t
matter because the entire webview has to be rebuilt and with it all the
javascript therefor the callback can never be completed in this situation.
    You will always have to call a method in (or after) onDeviceReady to solve
this problem.

    Serge

---
with INFRA.