Github user Treer commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-splashscreen/pull/34#issuecomment-128245919

    Those changes are included in the 3.7.0-dev file I linked to as a solution.

    We might have a miscommunication. The release version 5.1.1 of cordova has
a bug in it where anyone who uses cordova-plugin-splashscreen will encounter
exceptions and errors when they try developing with a browser. Googling for
`module cordova/confighelper not found` leads to this pull request, rather than
to an issue page for the bug — there probably isn't an issue page because the
bug is fixed already, just not in the latest release of cordova.

    So my "unofficial solution" comment wasn't intended for developers of
cordova, it was developers, it was for users of cordova who had googled the
error and ended up here. I linked to the complete 3.7.0-dev file rather than
90b24d3f01c7f4d827151327e5d69701f36905f8 so that people using cordova could
more easily fix the problem. Perhaps I should have put it in an issue instead.

---
with INFRA.
---