Hi, I'm from Brazil, been working with javascript seriously since 2008, and
have known and worked with cordova since 2012, and I'd also like to give my
50 cent on this.

I won't dig deep in the topic right now (but I'm willing to), but I have
said a few times that the issue with cordova is a <marketing> one, in the
sense that it does a bad job at telling users what it does or does not.

I'm still against calling cordova/Phonegap/PB a framework of any sort, as
it doesn't require you to write code in any specific way and also doesn't
generate actual application code. I'd rather have it be called a tool or a
lib. More a tool than a lib (unless you're using CordovaActivity/WebView on
your own).

Misplaced expectations made too many "web developers" (the sort that thinks
that jQuery is a programming language or that Facebook invented web
development with React, I'm sorry) think cordova would instantly solve all
existing problems on the way to mobility. And then we have these questions
on SO or forums all over. And then we have these articles calling cordova
<slow> (it would be the same as saying that projects built with gulp ran
faster than projects build with grunt, they don't, they don't generate
actual application code by themselves).

I've presented more than a few times on different local developer groups
and events, and with time I noticed this had become the main point of what
I was telling people, because that's what they wanted to hear:
Cordova is not a framework, it will NOT generate actual application code
for you (but a shell instead), and it does NOT guarantee UX/UI/feature
quality.

Nevertheless, I completely agree with the fact that a better flow for the
docs would solve/mitigate a huge chunk of the issues we see currently, and
very often do I find myself trying to picture a better flow, but I could
not yet (lack of time and/or proper thought gathering). As a developer
myself, and a curious one, I ended up going deeper into cordova development
process so that I could understand what was being made directly from the
"source" (this mailing list, for example, which I've been following for
more than a year). For a while, I used to check every commit on all
projects that I was affected by (android, ios, lib, js, doc) and even some
of the distant ones (wp8, ubuntu, coho), and even follow every issue on
jira for CB, and that's what built up my deep understanding of cordova as a
whole. The docs alone, in it's current stage, could never achieve such
enlightening, and I think it should.

Please, take this topic forward, let's all do something about it.

PS: The presentation I ended up using more than a couple of times is
available here http://slides.com/fredericogalvao/cordova-pontoget-coworking
, but I am sorry to say it's not available in english as of right now.
Please feel free to contact me for anything related, I'll be glad to help!