Github user marcuspridham commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/292#issuecomment-136482068

    Thanks.  I just tried these cases it appears to already work. The search
path provided with prepare passes through
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/41765f1fd7393be1fff2b39ba7cf00b5bf6f1ef1/cordova-lib/src/cordova/plugin.js#L97
 before a plugin is added so it is always processed to handle config.json and
multiple paths.

    I tried these cases they all appear to work for me.

    1. Restore plugins using plugin_search_path in .cordova/config.json.
    2. Restore plugins using combination of plugin_search_path and cli provided
search path.  One plugin located in each location.
    3. Restore plugins using 2 search paths on cli.  cordova prepare
--searchpath ../plugin_cache:../plugin_cache_2/

---
with INFRA.
---