doc folder comes from the Crowdin translation. I believe this was created
in main repository mainly as side-effect of same CrowdIn config file for
main docs and plugins.
As far as I aware these translation files was not popularized, althrough I
try translate them, since having our repository rules translated is
potentially good for translations efforts.

It was present prior translation, but if we rename it to something more
meaningful and change CrowdIn settings to not create this folder