This sounds really good!
The only reservation I have is making a new non-standard way of saving
state in js.

Instead of providing navigator.app.saveState() I think we should be content
to simply raise the event, and allow the app developer to choose how they
wish to store it.  The obvious choice would be simply dumping some data in
localStorage.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com