+1
I think this is a useful feature.
We should also think about integrating this into other platforms in the future.

Thanks,
Omar Mefire

On Nov 11, 2015 11:30 AM, Sarah Goldman <sarahrgold...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I am proposing a new feature for the camera plugin: the ability to manually
dismiss camera popover views and view controllers on iOS.

I encountered a need for this function when implementing a timeout based
logout on my app. If the user timed out while sitting there with the camera
open, I had no way to close the camera view controller and it would stay
open on top of the login page. When they finally took a photo it would exit
the camera and they would be on the login page. I would like to be able to
call navigator.camera.dismiss() before I send a user to the login view
after the timeout.

dismiss would not take any callback handlers, instead it would trigger the
error callback set with getPicture and send a message stating the camera
was dismissed.

I have created a Jira issue here:
https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3a%2f%2fissues.apache.org%2fjira%2fbrowse%2fCB-9980&data=01%7c01%7commenjik%40microsoft.com%7c1473c75dc8124f2178c708d2eace94f9%7c72f988bf86f141af91ab2d7cd011db47%7c1&sdata=zJZwoka4ul4Pmf%2fbz8IyX7KVvKQPLBxcTmB4qbv71dQ%3d

And I have submitted a pull request:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-camera/pull/117

Thanks,
Sarah Goldman