Github user ghenry22 commented on the pull request:

https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-media/pull/62#issuecomment-157914628

    Not sure about soundcloud as I haven't tried to stream from them before.
Whether you can seek in a stream or not would probably depend on the source and
the meta data it provides and if that is enough for the avplayer underlying
framework of Apples to be happy.

    One case I have come across on Android with some streams is that if the
length of the stream is unknown it assigns it a length of 0 and then any
attempt to seek or a stall in streaming and then resume will reset back to
start, I haven't hit the same with iOS yet on those same streams but there are
probably other quirks / scenarios where the iOS framework would have a similar
issue.

---
with INFRA.
---