Github user alsorokin commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/152#issuecomment-186592682

    The purpose of this code is to remember initial state of the channels to
return them back to this state after the script is completed.

    If we remove this code, we would leave them open after the script execution.

    We can enable/disable the channels only if we have administrative
privileges, so the use case of this would be the user monitoring the log output
of his program and not our medic script monitoring mobilespec app for the
issues.

    I think it is worth it to leave this code here because ideally we would
want to leave the user's environment in the same state as it was before our
script execution.

---
with INFRA.
---