During the last Cordova face to face meeting in Oct 2015, one of the agenda
items was to talk about defining a roadmap for Cordova. Till we have a formal
roadmap for the project, I thought it would be interesting to let the mailing
list know about what we, at Microsoft, plan to work on, for the next few weeks.
We generally are looking to pick up “themes” that would make Apache Cordova
better. If these areas sound interesting to you, please do join us and we could
divide up the tasks. If you still an early contributor and are looking for an
area to pick up, we could help there too !!

Past 4 weeks –

Last year, we had put out a survey on the Cordova website, asking people for
inputs on where we could improve Cordova. A lot of folks said that Cordova
documentation should be improved and that is what we worked on, during the last
month. We helped with validating the documentation content and removing
incorrect content. We also had a good discussion on the mailing list and now
have a much better organization of our documents. I hope that this push would
make Cordova easier to use and understand.

Next 4 weeks -

We would like to add better syntax highlighting to our documentation and
continue working on refining the styling and general UI of the documentation.
Another area that we see a lot of our users talk about is bugs in plugins. Over
the next few weeks, we plan to focus our efforts on bugs. The Splashscreen
plugin, camera and file plugins are pretty popular and we would like to triage
and fix important JIRA bugs for those plugins. We would also want to add appium
support for better test coverage and improve paramedic for CI and plugin user
testing.
We are also exploring ideas on improving our test coverage on cordova-lib and
the platforms to prevent regressions.

--

If you think that this information is interesting, please respond to this
thread and I can continue sending regular updates. Would be even more awesome