.npmignore can help with some of those unwanted files, but not all…

However, what happens in the circumstance when the template _does_ need a
package.json file, such as the react-hot-loader template Jed and I made? It has
npm dips and npm scripts that are vital to how it works in its package,json. We
can’t just omit files, Similarly, a template might include hooks and merges as
well.

- tommy