Github user riknoll commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/449

    I've tested it out and I think there needs to be a slight tweak to the
`--force` behavior. When a plugin is force added, any conflicting edit-config
changes it has should not be applied. Otherwise, you can get into a weird
situation where adding conflicting plugins and removing them in a bad order
results in the config file being different than when you started.

    For example, If I have two plugins that conflict and I execute the
following commands:
    ```
    cordova plugin add plugin-1
    cordova plugin add plugin-2 --force
    cordova plugin rm plugin-1
    cordova plugin rm plugin-2
    ```
    I will be left with a config file  that has the changes that `plugin-1`
made despite `plugin-1` no longer being in my project. I think it's a good idea
to always make it so that removing all plugins will get you back to where you
started.

---
with INFRA.
---