Github user stevengill commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/468

    So this is the first step in adding `resource-file`.  Future updates to
platform API's will use `getFileResources` to do the copying of these files
`src`attribute to the `target` attribute.

    I'm not sure I like `null` argument for top level `resource-file`. I agree
with you that I don't see much value in adding this as top-level. Maybe
developers want to copy a top level `json` file? but why not just include it in
`www` at that point? Maybe to copy a sensitive file that isn't under version
control? I'm reaching a bit here.

---
with INFRA.
---