Github user kerrishotts commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine/pull/26

    @rubenstolk:

    First, thanks for the contribution!

    However, in this instance, I agree with @shazron; the fix may work, but due
to the unsupported and undocumented nature of this, it puts all apps built with
this engine at far too much risk (both for rejection and future failure). This
isn't "giving up", but when Apple says 'don't do it that way', we have to
figure something else out. You might try
[this](https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugins/tree/master/wkwebview-engine-localhost),
 which might help in your case.

    Of course, the community is free to fork the repository and add the code
themselves. If the suggestion above doesn't work, that would be my next
suggestion, but of course, that doesn't mean you might not get a rejection from
Apple when submitting to the store. For Enterprise stuff that wouldn't matter,
but the app might stop working in the future should Apple change how that
setting works.

---
with INFRA.
---