Hey Shazon,

I agree with this goal. Our plugins were based upon W3C standards as
they existed when the plugins were created. The standards have moved
on and we haven't had as much time as we would like to stay in sync. A
number of core plugins have been superseded by API's already available
in browsers (I'm looking at you, cordova-plugin-device-motion).

Changes to any of the core plugins should align themselves with W3C
specs so we can increase code reuse across platforms and decrease our
support and maintenance costs.

Simon Mac Donald
http://simonmacdonald.com