Jordan,

I’ve closed the issue on issues.apache.org <http://issues.apache.org/>, since
@jcesar is indeed correct. I’ve included more info in a comment.

That’s not to say that the docs being incorrect or Cordova-iOS not respecting
the docs isn’t a problem — it is. Just that that should be a different issue
with dev consensus on what should happen. I’ve created CB-12739 to track that.

(As to why I’ve never encountered the issue: I have always provided the
multiple icons that Apple requires. So I have never only supplied one icon to
see the issue.)

~ Kerri