If we’re going to have an apps section on the website, it would be good to keep
it updated. For example, the ReactEurope app goes to a 404 page. Buildr
navigates to an iTunes page that is not available in the US region, so doesn’t
tell me anything (would be better to link to a website instead).

Personally, it might be better just to drop the section entirely, since it will
require maintenance, would end up with some subjective criteria (leading to
“why them and not us?”), and would need to be rotated as new apps are added to
prevent a huge list of apps on the front page. I like the idea, but maybe it
would be better to have a Cordova App gallery (akin to Plugin search,
cocoapods, etc.)… but that could easily be done by the community, since we’re
tight on resources as it is.

That said, if we’re going to accept apps, we need some (reasonable) criteria
for acceptance, along with the proviso that we won’t necessarily always feature
the app (since we don’t want to end up featuring 1000 apps on the front page).

Some starting criteria:

* Should currently be available for sale/download on the appropriate app stores.
* The product needs to have a website where we can link (redirecting into
iTunes is not ideal).
* The product should fit with Cordova’s CoC, since it’s being featured on the
front page.
* The app itself should:
    * be visually appealing and well designed (this is subjective, but no
getting around that…)
    * actually work (this would require someone downloading & testing it. Paid
apps would need to supply a review copy for free.)
    * be performant (no jank, quick response to user input, etc.)
    * be in production (not just a demo app)
    * be more than just wrapping a remote website
* Plusses for (but not required):
    * Available source code (so others can learn from the app)
    * Multiple platform support
    * Free or usable trial version so that users can get a good feel for a
performant Cordova app

Those are just off the top of my head, so take them as you will. :-)

~ Kerri