Small update on this topic:

 - still need to clarify next steps on some of the INTEGRATE plugins
 - I think the Dialogs plugin's KEEP + UPDATE decision needs a bit of
clarification as well
 - I am trying to work with the W3C's web platform tests [1] to
validate latest spec adherance on the Android and iOS OS versions that
cordova-android and cordova-ios currently support. For now looking at
APIs such as the File API and XHR. The reason I am doing this is to
understand _what_ APIs we still need to polyfill for these
platforms+versions. Ideally, a lot of these APIs are built in and
passing the tests, so moving forward we only have to implement the
minimum set of APIs where support is still wobbly inside cordova. I
will be reporting these results in the relevant issues per API.

For those wanting to get the w3c-platform-tests working with cordova,
I got it working by changing the `host` property in the
config.default.json file to a local-network IP (e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx,
which I use to access the tests from my device), and creating a new
cordova app that whitelists that IP (on port 8000), and pointing the
<content src=""> location to that IP + port.

[1] https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests