I'm already filtering all that stuff since I'm already getting it.  In
fact, this is why I didn't see the Github invite.

But yeah, we should not have the commit e-mails go to the dev mailing list,
since it'll just spam everyone.  It'd be good if more people would use the
list to talk about proposals, or at least link to the proposal on GitHub,
since it's not the Apache way to do stuff outside of the mailing list.

(Yeah, I'm being serious about the mailing list and the Apache way.  We
should use the dev list for discussion more.)