Github user stevengill commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/cordova-js/pull/146

    I had to revert this as it broke all of our plugins that use local require
syntax (ex. cordova device-motion at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-device-motion/blob/master/www/accelerometer.js#L29)

    cordova's require handles local require very differently than node's local
require.

    Cordova require would convert `require('./Acceleration')` into
`cordova-plugin-device-motion.Acceleration`. Then is uses some sort of mapping
to grab and include the code (I haven't dug into it)

    This PR wants `require(./logger)` to become
`require('cordova/plugin/ios/logger')` instead of
`cordova-plugin-console.logger`. (Once again, I haven't dug into why the
mapping isn't working now that the plugin is local. I think it is because the
console plugin code is baked into cordova.js instead of being included during
runtime like plugin js code).

    Instead of this PR, I'm going to fix the require call at
https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/blob/master/cordova-js-src/plugin/ios/console.js#L24.

    It will change from `require('./logger')` into
`require('cordova/plugin/ios/logger')`. Now the local require is working for
logger and cordova's local require continues working as it has been for the
last few years.

    Ultimately, cordova.js & how we load plugins needs to rethought and
refactored.

---
with INFRA.
---