So should we go ahead and merge the PR before it becomes conflicted?

-Terence

On 1/11/2018 5:58 AM, Jan Piotrowski wrote:
Sounds like a very useful change that will improve Cordova apps on Windows.
+1

Julio suggested I bring this up for discussion so... related to:

     CB-13641 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13641
     and https://github.com/apache/cordova-windows/pull/245

I'd like to find out if there is any support for or objections to allowing
transparent splash screen backgrounds on Windows.

As you know, Cordova apps targeting Windows 10 execute on desktops and
laptops in addition to tablets.  In that environment, some apps - the
Settings app, for example - use the user-selected accent color for the
splash background as well as the title bar background. Following that
convention in some cases results in a more aesthetically pleasing startup
than with a fixed color.  And, using 'transparent' as the splash background
color value causes exactly that to take place.

In the current splash screen implementation for Windows, both the title bar
background and the window background are filled with the splash background
color at startup.  Then, when the splash page is hidden, the title bar
reverts to the user-selected accent color and the window to the app
background which, depending on the colors in use, may not be a very
appealing transition.

In my case, I found using the accent color as the background much more
satisfying which is why I went ahead and created the PR.  Other developers
may find it useful as well.  And for those that don't, an RGB color can
still be supplied.

-Terence Bandoian