Thanks Shazron!

Regarding point 3 on your list, does that need to be a feature flag
since the WebView engine is already controlled via a preference in
config.xml? People should be able to opt-in that way just by adding a
preference, and then in a future release we just change the default
value for that preference, correct?

>From the Apple side, it sounds like they're very heavily encouraging
the use of custom schemes instead of file:/// URLs for apps serving
local files, but I think that wasn't introduced until iOS 11 which
might be an issue for us.