To clarify a few things:

By "mark major Cordova release" I meant "mark major Cordova release
dev version", such as cordova-ios@5.0.0-dev,
cordova-windows@7.0.0-dev, etc. as I had said in a couple other
not make any actual major release yet. I hope I got this clear now,
please respond if not.

My idea was that "minor" patch releases would be made from existing
patch release branches, e.g. 4.5.x for iOS, 6.0.x for Windows, etc.
etc. It should be straightforward to cherry-pick anything we need from
master as needed moving forward.

A possible alternative would be to make new minor release branches
based off of master now. But I don't see much benefit of new minor
release branches at this point. For the upcoming patches I would
rather not include any more changes than necessary. And for subsequent
"minor" patch releases I think it would be less "busy work" to
continue with the existing patch release branches than make new minor
release branches. But I would appreciate feedback if anyone would like
to discuss a counterpoint here.

Yes I am planning to make a new "minor" CLI patch release with latest
cordova-android, cordova-windows, and other platforms pinned, once I
publish the remaining platform patches and update other needed tools
packages. And it should be no problem to make additional CLI patch
releases with more platform "minor" patches if needed. (I think you
can start to see it takes so much @#$% time to update, test, review,
document, and publish every single patch release.)

An additional point is that if someone publishes another
cordova-android@7.0.x patch with SDK & plugin problems solved within
the next few days I would be happy to include it in the coming CLI
patch release.

I would appreciate a response if this addresses the concerns or not.