I have not tested, but supposedly you can point to a local html error file.
Whenever a navigation error occurs, it should navigate to that local page.

<preference name="ErrorUrl" value="myErrorPage.html"/>

Anyway, I see no point in limiting the content tag, people can still
navigate to remote sites by using javascript as long as the remote url is
whitelisted with the appropriate allow-navigation tag. They just need a
window.location = 'https://remoteurl.com';