Being grumpy causes more grumpiness. You can start by not being grumpy to
unpaid volunteers that are dedicating a considerable  amount of their spare
time to maintain the tools you use for free.
I see Norman’s comment totally correct, we make breaking changes every year
on every major version. If your problem is related to the whitelist name
change, the fix should be as easy as uninstalling the plugin. That would
have happened even if the name didn’t change because the plugin was
integrated into the platform, so you would have to uninstall the plugin
anyway.

He invites you to the mail list to discuss how we can improve the release
process to make breaking changes easier to manage and instead of proposing
constructive things like creating an upgrade guide, you bring more
grumpiness by commenting how we should answer to grumpy users and try to
embarrass him in front of the list.